Friday, April 13, 2012

IT'S WATER !





We are trying to save the Great Lakes from industrial wind developent.  So what's the big deal...they are just water. Simple H2O.



As I took an interest in the visual arts and finally got two degrees in art education I became fascinated with water as an beautiful abstract.  Basically I have been fascinated with water most of my life, a direct result of my experinces along the St. lawrence River.  Water is at a premium in AZ where I live.  Here people fight over water and people have been killed over water rights. You don't just take a pipe and stick it into a river and nobody cares how much water you pump.  When my AZ family came to NY they were stunned at how much water we had and the size of the Great Lakes.  Where I live we are  constantly under water rationing regulations as to how we use water and when. If you take water for granted, try going without it sometime.  Here in the desert SW in a survival situation you might live 3 days without water if you are lucky, and that depends on what you do and how hot it is. And forget food, it only takes more water to metabolize it. On a survival training I once went about 2 days without water, and it was not pleasant, and after a while it's all your can think of.  As babies we are approximately 75% to 80% water, and our brains are about 85% water according to one Website I looked at.



The lack of large water bodies in AZ only increases my facination and thirst for water, and the need to be in a place where I can see water all the way to the horizon.  Consider how people flock to water for recreation and peace of mind and solitide.
















The conclusion...we fundamentally are water. Essentially we are exactly what we are trying to save.  And thus we should strive to save the Great Lakes from industrial wind development, and save what is the most unique fresh water resource on the planet... save ourselves!.

 Pictures of water...enjoy. All photos on this site are by the blog administrator Art Pundt unless otherwise noted, and are copyright protected. 































































 


No comments:

Post a Comment