Monday, January 20, 2014

Not Team Players???? A Significant Distortion Of History To Create That Magic

Pay attention and I will show you how this magic trick to the "team player" claim gets exposed.


People have often accused me of not being a team player since I have parted ways the Hirschey govt. since I don’t think they are anti wind and anti Art. X enough. They will also say that I have hurt the Hirschey agenda especially during elections with my comments and some go so far as to say I am actually working for pro wind and BP. 

But fortunately  the facts don't support that nonsense.  It is simple shooting of the messenger for political expediency.  Especially right now with recent events!  
So what do ya say we look at some of these accusations in  light of the truth. 

Let’s examine the "team player" crap they peddle.  Let’s see what history says about who has really hurt the team and in reality helped pro wind.  Keeping in mind I have never prevented any WPEG/ Hirschey candidates from being elected.   My comments have been serious questions probably causing some discomfort since they are hard to rationalize away so easily, but have created no actual harm to them at election time.  But whose actions have?
 
 I don't have to make claims or opinions here. I will let you figure it out all by yourself from historical FACTS!
Again you really  have to understand how critical WPEG thought it was for them in 2009  to get all three candidates they were supporting on the CV town  board ASAP. They put huge energy into that effort.   Their candidates were…
…Hirschey as a Republican for supervisor, Bragdon as a Rep. for town board, and Byrne running as an Independent for town board.  So why wasn’t Byrne running as a Rep????  Well that is a very interesting story for another time.
For WPEG this was their first really critical election with the whole town riding on it. 
Below are the results from the WDT after all the 2009 absentee votes had been counted.  Now remember we are talking “team” player stuff here and who has damaged the ‘team” and helped pro wind especially in elections!!!
 I indicated I didn’t think voting was going to solve our problems and like now I had serious reservations about Hirschey’s wind stance since he wasn’t anti wind and after several times indicating to me he just wanted a wind law to shove the turbines back about 2 miles which I thought was a really bad idea and unfair to interior residents, some  who didn’t want the damn things in their back yard either.  I thought it was elitist to say the least.  And why shove them back and make them Lyme’s problem.  So here are the 2009 CV election final results from my records and the WDT.

"Republican Brooks Bragdon and Democrat Mickey W. Orvis preserved their Election Day leads for two Town Council spots, picking up 120 absentee votes and 68 absentee votes respectively. Mr. Bragdon finished with 630, Mr. Orvis with 573. Democrat Richard H. Macsherry received 540 total votes, while independent John L. Byrne III received 480 votes. Republican Raymond R. Benjamin received 177 total votes."

OK now  let’s talk about “team players” and who seriously  damaged this absolutely critical election for WPEG and Hirschey!   Look at the names and the numbers.  See if you can determine who toasted Byrne’s election chances when his win would have been the key WPEG thought  they needed to stop pro wind and save our community.
Which person… you know, a “team player” do you think did ACTUAL harm and in doing so significantly helped the pro wind side in 2009?  If you figure out the math, then ask yourself as a ‘team player” why didn’t this person stand down instead of running against Byrne and Bragdon as one of those Dem.?  Why wasn’t WPEG and the Hirschey supporters screaming at the top of their lungs like they do at me and others????
I guess the hypocrisy is something we could examine next!  Like I said my comments have never in 3 elections caused Hirschey any real election harm!
I say that this 2009 election damaged Hirschey...but there is one hell of a lot more to examine than meets the eye if you really want to get into it.  And it goes swiftly and absolutely to recent events!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment