Monday, January 20, 2014

Can You Zone For That????

Over my approximately 8 years in the Cape Vincent wind battle I have seen a lot of cartoons, signs pictures etc involving support or opposition to industrial wind energy.  I have even had some published myself.

On our recent CA desert camping trip we spent a night in Palm Springs to resupply and get a hotel.

As some of you may know Palm Springs, CA, actually N. Palm Springs is an industrial wind nightmare.  That  night we went out to dinner and I noticed a little different statement about industrial wind that I had never seen before pasted to the back window of an SUV. So I snapped a quick picture. See below.




Now if you can't figure it out, it is a female pole dancer using the wind turbine as a pole!!!  At this point I will keep most of my comments to myself, but I was a bit confused.

Is this a pro or anti wind statement about industrial wind and is there zoning for that use????

3 comments:

  1. Nude dancing is not allowed out of doors, but dancing is allowed even at the American Legion. Wind turbines are not allowed in the waterfront districts, but are allowed in certain areas of the town's interior.

    So if you don't take the laws too literally, I would say you could have nude turbine tower dancing on warm summer nights in Rosiere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally...a wind turbine producing real income!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a tax subsidy for this?????

    ReplyDelete