Saturday, January 18, 2014

Just Some Random Thoughts


In this CV wind battle I have had to look at all kinds of laws to stay informed.  I got so I even liked looking at laws and trying to understand the legal ramifications of laws and what the drafters intended.  This particular law is not a town law but a State law applied to state officials. And in all my research on  ethics laws   I found this state law summed it up quite well.

NYS Public Officers Law- Paragraph ( h ) of the ethics code.

h. An officer or employee of a state agency, member of the legislature or legislative employee should endeavor to pursue a course of conduct which will not raise suspicion among the public that he is likely to be engaged in acts that are in violation of his trust.

I think this law was drafted with some good advice. Don't you think so?

Now in search and rescue we go by another old saying that is good advice.. 'When everyone around you is losing their heads over something...try to keeps yours."


No comments:

Post a Comment