Sunday, June 17, 2012

Who Is Really Anonymous???? - The Anonymous Paranoia

This post refers to a comment left by 4:16 AM on the post below about Planning Board member Cadarelli's comments.

Idle threats 4:16 AM????
OK you can believe whatever you want, but I am not the one slinking around paranoid and anonymous that somebody will find out my identity.  But let me clear something up for you about blog tracking. All the CV blogs can track or even block computer by  IP addresses, and I know at least one person that has tracked me and my comments very closely at times on the other blogs and mine of which they don’t administer.   Of course I am an easy target to find if I go anonymous since I have used my name before.  How do you think Wiley at JLL or Pandora’s knows that the NY AG's office has been watching his blog or the FBI or the other agencies etc who keep up on his posts regularly. But don't be fooled and get stuck on the IP address thing as the only source of information. Nasty or reckless commenters on blogs have very definitely been tracked down. And I know that for fact from a local incident!   Right?   Another example, if I choose to be on either CV blog and they put up their map and a push pin icon will show up in Flagstaff.  If I am not on their blog or use a proxy server, there will be no push pin.  That is pretty damn easy to figure out.  Now Wiley likes to claim to confuse this information that I am not the only one from Flagstaff, that some students at the university log on too. Maybe, but the funny thing is, if I don’t look at his blog those map location push pins disappear.  And they don’t appear when I am in CV either.  So that would be a no brainer. Just like certain other push pins from AZ disappear in the summer months.

First of all, there really is no such thing as truly anonymous on the Internet or a blog.  You of all people should know that by now. It mainly depends on how much law enforcement and the court gets involved in comments get out of control. 

But consider that there are other legal ways of narrowing down a commenter if the need arises. I know one regular commenter on the other blogs that lives in real fear that their identity will be exposed because they KNOW how easy it could be if not careful. No matter which way they chose to comment I can nearly always identify their comments. Same for other people I  know who try to hide their identity. The Lone Ranger is a classic.  I hope the Ranger doesn’t think he or she  is fooling anybody.

 For example everything you have ever said here, on other blogs, in a town meeting, in your other writings, or on a video, or in a phone or email conversation  leaves a unique linguistic "footprint"  We all have a style, uniqueness  and a personality we can't disguise no matter how hard we try, especially if we get upset. mad  or emotional as some of my commenters frequently do. We all have logic patterns, and expression patterns, word patterns and idiosyncrasies. For example the other day somebody in an emotional  rant that was familiar left a real big clue by referencing a subject I have not talked to hardly anybody about…big mistake if you are desperately trying to stay anonymous.   In SAR I am a certified man tracker, even with training from the US Border Patrol that works the illegal immigration issues on the AZ//Mex . border.  Man tracking is the same.  People leave distinct foot prints and clues in and around those prints and all over the place even when they are trying to hide them. We find a lot of people this way and other ways too, even when they are hiding from us. Get good enough at it and you can tell what they are thinking and where they are like to go next, and a lot of other things you can decipher about them. Some illegals try to hide their prints by attaching cow hooves to there boots, but people do not walk like cows, so it gives them away. Some try to walk backwards, but the foot hits the ground completely differently and leaves different tell tales signs as a result. We aren’t designed to move backwards very far or effectively.  Exactly the same with words and patterns on the blogs, or anywhere else.  Now the question is,  have you ever heard of forensic linguistics, or is there even software that can look at patterns in words and expressions, and writings?  I’ll leave that to your imagination. Being that you are already so paranoid that you hide your identity, that should keep you busy for a while looking over your shoulder.  Like the person who calls themselves or used to call themselves Cape Fear on the blog and in the WDT and is a staunch Hirschey supporter.  That one was easy to track down, even thought I don’t care, but that persons extreme emotions in repeated comments attacking me and how they did it after a number of comments it was a dead give away.  Note that that person has not been commenting lately.  That is easy to figure out too.  Sometimes what isn’t said and the timing says more that what is!!!  For example the precise time stamp on some of the comments that attack me are a definite pattern. Hell all you would have to do is graph that and it would reveal a lot.  Somebody likes to be up early and get to work on the day.  That would indicate somebody that is a probably very busy and involved in something…maybe an important person. Maybe a big coffee drinker to get the day started.  Maybe they like to go out early and exercise, or walk.  They probably go to bed early as a result.  Or maybe it means nothing and they just like to get up early to for no particular reason.  But people aren’t random…they have patterns.  See this puzzle can be fun.  So who else on the blogs has early time stamps on posts and comments? 

I am not trying to scare off commenters, it’s just an interesting conversation and subject this anonymous thing.  I fact I am a bit fascinated by why people do it or think that way or what drives them to hide an identity.  I can actually understand why some do. 

Actually I don't find your above comment particularly offensive, or really care,  but like in your comment where you use the words "loose cannon"...ever use those word before?  Yup you sure have…and what about that Wizard of Oz reference of the “man behind the curtain;’ is there anywhere on the blogs or writings where Wizard of Oz references come up?  Any pictures of the Wizard behind the curtain…YUP!!!…ever use similar references before?  Somebody uses TV and movie character references.  Which makes me wonder where the Lone Ranger is these days…haven’t heard from him lately. Why would that be???? Did he finally leave town figuring he had chased down those conflicted people on the old  boards.  Wonder what is taking up his time now?  Justice has been done in CV I guess.   I miss those funny posts.  He s probably Hi Ho Silver Away and off to other wind conflicted communities with Tonto to track down bad guys.  Good luck Ranger.  Using thr Ranger as an identity would probably mean the person is about my age.  I doubt that is a younger person. They probably don’t even remember the Ranger TV program.

 Like me, how many times do I use the word absurd, or insane?  Lots and that would be a dead give away if I suddenly went anonymous.

Now like I said before, I don’t have time to spend my days tracking people on the blogs, and most times I could care less, who comments or where they come from, and I don’t even care about anonymous commenters that much, especially if they have something interesting or positive to impart from either side of the issue. And I don’t need to hide. I guess I have an aversion to that since I spend so much time looking for lost, missing or people who are hiding for one reason or another.   I guess being in SEARCH and rescue it just intrigues me because we often deal with writings.  Suicide notes, trip plans, notes on the edges of lost maps, last computer entries, emails, voice mails etc.  It’s just real intriguing to try to solve those puzzles… thats all!  

Unless somebody crosses the line on the blogs with nasty lies, or tries to drag my friends into the mix with nasty lies about them viciously and unjustly hurting their reputations in a string of comments, or gets real foul and offensive. 

So to those people… just keep putting your foot prints on the blogs!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Yikes! Artie. Get real. You are getting more paranoid by the minute. The wind issue is not about you, it is about the community of Cape Vincent. Arn't those turbines on Wolfe Island beautiful? Hi yo Silver, away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I spend so much time looking for lost, missing or people who are hiding for one reason or another."

    You are such a great man.

    Could you do a lecture series for us this summer in the Cape. We want to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm paranoid????? That is really precious coming from someone who has to slinking around anonymously and is in fear of using their name on a comment. And it's all about the community??? That is precious too, since you won't even support the community with enough committment and backbone to put your name on anything.

    Some of you anonymous commenters are real hypocrits and a real hoot!!!

    Talk about "get real"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymity is a fact of life. What difference does it make who makes the comment. Does that change the fact that your are paranoid? Do you know the name of the person who wrote the last psychological test you failed? Or would you have to know the name of a lost person before you committed yourself to your extreme bravery and heroic efforts. Do you know the name of every person who lives in a solar house?
    You have a paranoia about anonymity. That is not healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. paranoia |ˌparəˈnoiə|
    noun
    a mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically elaborated into an organized system. It may be an aspect of chronic personality disorder, of drug abuse, or of a serious condition such as schizophrenia in which the person loses touch with reality.
    • suspicion and mistrust of people or their actions without evidence or justification: the global paranoia about hackers and viruses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And like I said above in my comment. You people are precious to call me paranoid and then have to slink around on the blogs anonymously.

    Booooo!!!! oh sorrry didn't mean to scare you!

    At least I am not afraid of my own name and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And like I said. Anonymous is a fact of life. It doesn't change the fact that you fit the classic description of paranoia. And, by the way, you don't scare me one bit. Read the definition and it was as though it was written for Art Pundt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't have it both ways. Anon is good if you agree, bad if critical. Every anon has a person with a purpose behind the comment. In fact, an otherwise valid message might become null and void when one knows the source. Such as in your case with some of the stuff you try to make us believe.
    Will we see you at the important meeting, tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually any blogger CAN have it both ways or any way they want. I can even have power over you to eliminate any anonymous comments if I choose.

    But as usual you are to stupid to see my point. It's not about a "good" commenter" that I agree with, or a "bad" commenter" I don't.

    You get on here now don't you, and most people don't agree with me on this blog. Sorry once again to burst your logic bubble. Like I said I could care less about most comments.

    But when people spread lies or drag innocent people into the mix with lies, or use a fould attack then I will take an action if nothing more than to eliminate their comments. It take a real spineless worm to do that!

    As to your anonymity you can believe anything you want.

    But I will say it again...the wind companies LOVE people like you because you are so afraid to put your name on anything and stand up and be counted.

    YOU are the tool they need to do their dirty work. Not only are you a NON person...you have been used too!!! Bend over my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Art

    One of the pro wind computer operatives works nights
    in Watertown. He is able to make comments 24 hours a day.
    He has been very very local and like you sometimes posts
    anon and sometimes uses his name.

    ReplyDelete