Saturday, August 3, 2013

Want Advice On Zoning For Industrial Wind Turbines? ...Go To Henderson, NY!

Mr. Wiley on his JLL blog has a theme lately that Clayton should be looking to Cape Vincent for expert advice on handling the Art. 10 process. 

I put this comment below on the JLL blog but more than likely it will be blocked since both blogs don't allow much that has even a whiff of questioning the CV town board. So I'll post it here.

I'm not sure we should be giving Clayton any advice.  They say our law allows BP's wind turbines too close to the river and town border.

That seems spot on to me.

Our law would allow a 500 ft. turbine (that is  only 28 ft. short of a tenth of a mile high) only 3000 ft. from the town borders of Clayton and Lyme.

I live approx. 6 miles from the closest Wolfe Is. wind turbine.  I can easily see them, and at night the red lights are very  intrusive to what used to be a nice dark St Lawrence River and Lake horizon, and on certain nights under the right conditions I can hear those turbines even at 6 miles.  It doesn't keep me up at night, but I can hear them.

Keeping in mind that this entire discussion is taking place in the context that BOTH towns are ALLOWING wind turbines.

But I keep forgetting that the "experts" are telling us ,in CV at least, you have to allow wind turbines to prevent them!  WHAT?????

Advice?  How about CV and Clayton go to Henderson or any other of a number of NY  towns where they banned wind turbines and see what both towns could learn from them!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment