Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Another Comment On A Comment

I saw this comment on ther blogs.  It was in reference to the fact that someone thinks I have not been active in the community.  I take exception to that.  I have fought tooth and nail for the protection of this community for the last six  years against the invasion of industrial wind energy. AND backed that with my name and taken a great deal of abuse as a result. And people probably don't remember that I was along with others like Shirley Hambil invloved in saving the Tibbets Pt. light house, one of the scenic icons of Cape Vincent when it was under threat.  We would hold street art shows and a good portion of the sales would go to the fund to save the lighthouse.  That included running some of the early ice cream socials at the light house as well.

Here is the comment:


"Mr. Pundt also ridicules the right to post anonymously. Unlike Mr. Pundt, I am very active in my community with organizations and church. Mr. Pundt is not. I am not so willing to put my name out there. Many of us try to keep our little village and town going while living under the threat of a wind farm. We do not all have the luxury of speaking from afar as Mr. Pundt does."

But what really caught my eye was the  reference to church.  I fully support anyone’s right to pick whatever spiritual venue they think will bring  spiritual support and meaning to their lives.  I am happy for this person that they have found that in their community church of their choice.  My next comment is in no way an attack on this person’s personal spiritual activities or people who attend any church.  I respect that.

But the church reference does make me ponder one thing.  What did Jesus do when he was faced with challenges and hardship and rights and wrongs? What if he was here in Cape Vincent seeing his community ripped apart and destroyed by big moneyed interests and greed.    He outright defied the powers and beliefs of the day and we all know that in the end gave his life for what he believed in.

What did he do to the money changers in the temple.  Make any parallels you want here that apply.

Matthew 21:12

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
“And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves”,

Now I am not a religious historian, but I am going to take a wild stab here that when Jesus was overturning those seats and tables to cleanse the temple he didn’t do it anonymously.

I am also going to take a wild guess that during Jesus’s life, the actions he took were not taken anonymously either. I am guessing that everybody who encountered him knew exactly who he was and what he stood for especially when he saw the blatant wrong right before his eyes. So what are we missing in this lesson?????

Just some thoughts to ponder the next time all of us go to church and realize we have those same vile money changers now in our town and temple and the wrongs are so blantantly obvious.
What does it take and how bad must it get before we all stand up and stop compromising our essential and basic beliefs. Do we let the industrial wind developers take that away too?
You talk of keeping our little village and town going while living under the threat of a wind farm. Keep it going for what and going where?...to let fear compromise everything you believe in?







    


No comments:

Post a Comment