Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My Comments


As I  mentioned I have been traveling so I didn’t see this string of comments till today. 
Yup… the comment is mine and was intended to be anonymous.  I don’t think the world is going to end…well yours might but mine won’t I can assure you. Anyhow it gives you something to gossip about.
I am glad however to see that all of you are reading my blog so intently that you caught my mistake…thanks!  And to the one person who apparently is so intent that they take regular screen shots of my blog…glad you too are so intent on reading every word.
Now interestingly enough with all your hoopla over this comment, it is still identified as being mine and everything except your anonymous comments are out in the open. Which by the way I could have also deleted just to cover my ass but did not. I do have the option on this blog of REQUIREING a name which based on experience with all the anon comments would shut the vast bulk of you down once and for all.  But I don’t do that.
Talking about taking accountability and responsibility… I can’t say the same for the Hirschey zoning “experts” who spent much of late summer and early fall covering their rear ends over this solar zoning mess.  Too bad they could not have just taken responsibility for their actions as well and set the original solar zoning matter straight.
Want to talk about credibility OK…it lacks complete credibility when the zoning officials admit the process was so flawed it would not hold in court, drag the CEO of the town into their zoning mess and then do NOTHING to correct it but approve the process anyhow.  I take responsibility for my comment and anonymous or not I stand by it.  With all I have researched about this zoning mess it appears like incompetence…or maybe that and a good dose of arrogance.  And the fact that Hirschey had his project up and that was a screw up or at least a flaw in the law, pretty much sums up why whenI brought the Alexander solar permit under scrutiny there was such a desperate scramble to make Alexander’s project look legit.  It also means that the so call zoning experts had some explaining to do as to why they allowed this mess to spiral out of control in the first place with the very law they wrote and should have know better.  It just plain smells, and and at least one CV citizen was hurt by this fiasco.
And in the end my comment changes nothing on the actual zoning fiasco.  I know you would like in desperation to divert the issue and make my comment the issue. But that is absurd and the main issue I have raised remains the same, and still calls into question how the hell this all went off the rails.
 Yet still even with my comment mistake which is basically irrelevant in the big picture…no one has explained to us how 10 zoning officials on two boards plus alternates, and a zoning enforcement officer, plus two lawyers, and the town supervisor who heavily promoted and passed this zoning law, in several meetings and told us how they are all experts still couldn’t figure out or read their law and create such a mess. It does look like incompetence. And when  I exposed it then they went into cover their ass mode.
Much of the issue here is WHO found out they had screwed up so badly.  That is what just fries the Hirschey bunch and their supporters.  And that would  be after I had serious questions about this law AND in fact on my blog in the spring of 2012 as the law was being drafted expressed serious concerns over the whole love affair they suddenly were having with solar and probably not knowing what the hell they were doing.  Like for example why would you suggest that BP bring CV an industrial sized solar project, with all we know about BP????  
The main problem remains that this law as I expected was created in a tizzy over and to unjustifiably appease Art. X, and with the solar zoning fiasco it has come back to bite them right on the ass!!!  Most towns would take at least a year to draft a good law.  The previous 800 name petition from a large cross section of the community asked for 1 year...yet all we got was a rushed 7 months.  Not to mention this bunch was hell  bent on one direction and one direction only where little other input was even considered. 
And now we have a zoning review committee to take up the slack left over from the rush of the 1st law and largely created by the fact that Hirschey and his zoning experts couldn't even read their own law or catch the flaws they created...and they own it now.
The screw ups with Hirschey’s and Alexander’s solar projects just proves those concerns were validated.  Let us not forget that the Hirschey zoning geniuses badly screwed up the zoning on TWO solar projects not just ONE…and with their very own  brand new law. And that has been splashed all over the WDT several times now, even dragging in the town supervisor to try to publicly defend himself…and that alone comes off as disingenuous.  
So I attempted to put an anonymous comment on my own blog, big freakin deal…which didn’t turn out to be anonymous anyhow, and I also have a right to do as a blogger, and I take responsibility for that comment and stand by it. And it is extremely rare that I post anything anonymously on my blog or on others or in the media. Whether you believe that or not I could give a rats ass!   I think that pretty much pales by comparison to what I have described about the zoning fiasco above that keeps being splashed across the WDT paper because more than likely they have understood what a mess this was.
Note also that I did not delete any comments here.  I just as well could have but I take responsibility for my actions.  Can’t really say that about yourselves and your anonymous comments now can we?
And in the end it doesn’t matter, because for 8 years I have put my name behind the vast majority of what I have said and believe.  It’s not exactly like one anonymous comment somehow radically changes my line of thought. People know where I stand regardless of one comment.
As commenters I have given you that luxury of my name on my beliefs and  comments that gives you a solid target to shoot at whether I screw up or not. The only reason you can take me to task is because you KNOW who I am, and what I stand for.   Not a courtesy you are willing to extend to others…not even to the govt you support which I find real bizarre.  There is a price to pay for putting a name behind my beliefs, whether it be a stupid comment, or screw up or something else to take issue with, I am willing to pay the price of that ticket rather than to slink around behind a curtain.  As a reader I extend to you a lot of privilege even if I do something stupid.  I guess the view is pretty good from the cheap seats!
So believe me life goes on…and I sleep well at night.
Besides there is more to this zoning mess… and other Hirschey govt actions that I have not revealed.  If that door ever gets open, you will have plenty to comment on and my stupid comment will be the least of your worries.

And I don't joke about things that serious!

 

4 comments:

  1. It is proof of your lack of credibility, Art. That you lied and deceived your readers. If you lied about your blog conduct then how can you be trusted on any other issues you pontificate on? Perhaps you are lying about your claim of being anti wind, too. Sure looks that way as you bring us no solutions other than your anti Cape Vincent public official attack blog. After all, you are working very hard to discredit ALL OF THE PEOPLE who have done the work. No wonder your wacky diatribes have been ignored and you have no following. You can't be trusted with real situations if you bring us fantasy and make believe. You are a hypocrite and a lier. Talk about censor. You are a deceiver on that one too as the proof is in the screen shots of all of the exchanges that you have deleted. This is an anti Hirschey, JLL and Pandora blog that is all about Art Pundt rather than the issue of industrial wind which you have not addressed in many months. You deceived the WDT readers and have nothing positive to contribute. And you wonder why no one takes you seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say I don't have a following in this blog... yet you are here on a regular basis and are apparently watching very closely taking supposed screen shots and leaving long comments working overtime to try to marginalize what I am saying. And of course you resort to outright lies to make your case, such as saying I have deleted lots of comments. That is bald faced lie and you know it. And you have repeatedly lied on that account. Of course this does beg the question that as an apparent Hirschey govt supporter you need to use such tactics such as lying about my actions to defend this govt. Why is it you need to go to such lengths????

    Perhaps you are one that knows just how close to home my posts and comments are

    Now unfortunately for you, to make my case I have documents, videos, emails, notes of conversations, and witnesses and other research to back my case.

    All you have on the other hand is my good graces to allow you to come on here and lie to make your case.

    My blog tracking software also negates what you say that no one is reading.

    And to make my case on that...if I am having no impact why is it that last fall when Mr. Hirschey knew he had screwed up on his solar project he came to my house in CV to tell me himself he had put up a project and taken it down???

    Why is it then that when I started posting information on my blog about this solar fiasco the WDT became interested and did their own story and have had other stories on I right up until recently. Why is it that once I exposed this solar fiasco on this blog that the town had to have meetings of basically all it's officers, some in executive session and with their attorney to try to find a way to sanitize the mess they created and I was reporting on this blog. This whole zoning fiasco I exposed has even driven the town supervisor to the WDT to try to defend his actions and the actions of his govt knowing what a screw up was created and what he got involved in.

    I know for fact that a number of important people read this blog. And that is what drives you ape shit and keeps you coming back for more to try to side line my message.

    And if you think that in the 8 years of this wind battle I have not provided any solution to this wind issue then you are a simple ignoramus who can't read, or you are once again lying or ignoring the facts.

    I feel sorry for you pal...because the facts are on my side and that makes lying attempts to marginalize me an up hill battle you can't win.

    Of course the beauty of all of this is that as you repeated lie and if I decide on a whim I am tired of it I can simply shut you off like a light switch and you and you audience are gone and left pissing into the wind trying desperately to attack my message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus ,Pundt you must have ruffled somebodies feathers. What a bad boy you are, talking to yourself on your own blog! Didn't yo momma teach ya better'n dat?

    How can we trust you now, you've spoiled our illusion of you as a do-gooder? What?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And as of yet none of the comments that come into this blog are addressing the main issue.

    How is it a town supervisor with all the zoning experts at his beckon call and lawyers and his contractor with a law he heavily promoted and passed still could not figure out the extremely simple to read table on page 12 of the zoning law. The table they wrote into the law!!!

    And that led to the screwing up of two solar project's zoning and they made a laughing stock out of the law and the officials who are supposed to be the geniuses who wrote the law and carry it out competently for all of us in the community.

    Anybody want to address that issue? Probably not because you can't and there is no credible excuse for this embarrassing fiasco Not to mention they have hung the entire fate of our community on this law they apparently can't read or know what the hell is in it!!!!

    The only thing left for most of you is damage control. And the sum total of that is only to attack me in a pathetic and desperate attempt to divert the obvious mess Hirschey and his crew has made of the zoning law.

    ReplyDelete