Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The John Richardson Comment On The Pandora Blog


When I came home from the SAR mission I was involved in for several days I saw a bunch of comment activity regarding something John Richardson had said on the Pandora blog.  I looked on her blog and was confused because there was nothing there from John Richardson.

Through some phone calls  I think I have pieced together what happened with this comment. 

Apparently Mr. Richardson put a comment on the Pandora blog that was at least in part favorable to me.  I am hearing it was in regards to our significant differences and opinions  but that he does not believe I am aligned with the pro wind side or their agenda...and he is right and if this is what was said then I appreciate it. 

Now I also understand Pandora on her blog posted the comment then took it off.  That doesn't surprise me but it seems weird to allow the comment then suddenly take it off. 

Did Pandy get a call to remove the comment from the inside Hirschey loyalists?  Was it just a little too truthful to pass the JLL Pandora standards and scheme to marginalize me and my message?

Now Mr. Richardson has been generally supportive of the Hirschey govt. and that is fine.  That is his right and we have had very in depth and heated discussions about that topic as I think he pointed out.

However, what I find interesting is Pandy removing John's comment.  Sounds like the circle of censorship is tightening inward.  Apparently she doesn't have enough respect even for
someone generally supportive of her side to let them freely express their opinion.  And as I recall John defended her and JLL in a special editorial in the WDT and numerous comments on the blogs.  Is the next step to require the Hirschey supporters to take a VFW type oath and wear a certain color shirt?  I did notice last summer that the rabid Hirschey supporters have the front row right reserved in town board meetings.  It sounds like the Hirschey circle is starting to devour its own.  It seems to me that one measure of integrity is the ability to deal with criticism without folding in on yourself with censorship.

What are she and JLL so afraid of?  If this circle of censorship continues Pandy and JLL might wake up some day and find out they censored themselves!!

I also find this very interesting for a couple of blogs that got sued over freedom of speech issues.

And I am guessing no matter what John's comment was he put his name behind it.

As someone on my blog said that takes integrity, no matter what we think of each other.


5 comments:

  1. So Art? Are you saying that when you post anonymously, you have no integrity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My point is that when people take shots at me or anyone else and hide behind anonymous it lacks integrity.

    I don't post anonymously. I can't...it is my blog and it has been real rare that I comment anonymously. People know my name and know where I stand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The statement that John Richardson exhibited integrity was not in reference to him signing his name. It referred to the fact that although he had major disagreements with Art Pundt, he insisted that other readers and commentors not mischaracterize Art's position on wind development. Didn't think the meaning of the statement was so obtuse as to create such misunderstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. " I can't...it is my blog and it has been real rare"

    So, you save that for special occasions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9:09

    Look...just because you don't have the spine to post with your name on it...don't pawn that off on me. Not my problem...you live with it.

    ReplyDelete